DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR FEDERAL DISASTER ASSISTANCE APPROACHING
The Government of the United States Virgin Islands reminds residents the deadline to register for federal disaster assistance is Monday, January 8.
Individuals impacted by Hurricanes Irma and Maria who are seeking assistance are required to register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Disaster assistance programs range from grants for disaster-related needs to low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
Residents can register at DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 800-621-3362. Individuals who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY should call 800-462-7585 directly. Those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS) may call 800-621-3362.
For information on SBA loans call 800-659-2955 or email@example.com. Residents with a hearing disability can call TTY 800-877-8339.
Residents can also visit Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) on Monday, January 8, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Specialists and SBA staff can provide information about disaster assistance and help with completing and submitting SBA disaster loan applications.
St. Croix DRC Locations
- Christiansted at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, 38-44 Castle Coakley
- Frederiksted at the Rotary Club West, 40 KA-KD Estate LaGrange
- Christiansted at the Old Post Office Building at Church and Company streets
St. John DRC Locations
- Cruz Bay at the U.S. Virgin Islands Legislature, St. John Annex, 1D Cruz Bay
- Coral Bay at the Town & Country Building, 8-1 Estate Emmaus
St. Thomas DRC Locations
- Charlotte Amalie at the former Scotiabank, 81 CC&DD Kronsprindsens Gade
- Charlotte Amalie at Tutu Park Mall, 4605 Tutu Park Mall, Suite 233